Your Library Card
Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
Anyone is eligible to get a library card.
- We ask you to fill out a yellow card at the circulation desk, or the form on this web page, telling us your name and address and phone number. This information is entered into our computer, and needs to be updated as your information changes. We need to know how to contact you.
- the library card is used to:
- Checking out books and other materials
- books are loaned for 2 weeks and video materials for 2 days. Magazines go out on 1 week loan.
- items can be renewed over the telephone. Renewals are generally allowed as long as another person is not waiting to use the item (on reserve)
- books can be returned in the book drop, but we ask that video's and discs be returned to the front circulation desk.
- overdue video's incur fines of .50 cents per day. a patron may not check out more video's when they have an outstanding fine.
- requesting an item: we are always interested to know what you want and do our best to get an item for you. Inter-Library loan items may take a week to come in the mail.
- items may be reserved by phone, email, or at the circulation desk