Clarion Public Library welcome's children and seeks to meet children's and parents' needs in the best way.
The various formats we have available for children of all ages are:
- wood puzzles
- board books
- Spanish books
- books with audio
- stories on cd and tapes
- books separated into
easy with chapters
Young Adult fiction
Along with regular style chapter books we have some
Graphic Novels - books written in comic book style
Inspirational-faith based stories
arranged in Dewey Classification by topics
encyclopedias that can be checked out
country and state sets
Computer use: Children who want to use the internet are asked to read and have a parent co-sign a permission form. EBSCO host online has a section that makes searching easy for children. There are some programs on the computer designed for children - namely "Magic School Bus".
- Intermittent evening story times are held throughout the year. To meet the needs of the public, our traditional Friday morning story times have been changed. We are offering evening gatherings on every other Tuesdays. Please call or email for more information and to let us know what works for you.
There is a pre-preschool story time on Thursday Mornings during the school year. Please call for information.
- Occassional after school video & popcorn gatherings.
- A Library representative visits a local day care (Kids Korner) weekly where she reads stories and delivers books.
- Each preschool section at our local school receives a visit from the librarian once each month where the children enjoy stories and finger plays.
- The Clarion Library and their local partner, in conjunction with IPTV and The State Library of Iowa, is hosting "Family Literacy for New Iowans". The eight sessions are to encourage family literacy.
- Summer Reading: The Clarion Library will be participating in State Library of Iowa's Summer reading program