Getting a library card and how to use it.
Residents of Clarion/Wright County can request a library card application form either in person, through the mail, or through e-mail.
The Clarion Public Library will provide the initial physical library card free of charge, with replacements costing $.50
Your library card can be used for checking out materials and for some online resources.
- Books are loaned for 2 weeks, DVDs for 2 days, Magazines for 1 week.
- Items may be renewed over the phone, renewals are generally allowed as long as the item is not on reserve for another patron.
- Books and DVDs can be returned in the book drop outside of regular hours.
- Overdue DVDs incur fines of $.50 per day for each DVD.
- A patron may not check out materials when they have an outstanding fine.
- Items may be reserved by phone, e-mail, or at the circulation desk.
When logging into Bridges, only the last 5 numbers of the library card are needed.
Other online services that use the library card number include:
- Gale Pages
- Clarion Public Library Catalog