Getting a library card and how to use it.
Any resident of the state of Iowa can get a library card from the Clarion Public Library at no cost.
To get a library card, please ask any of our staff members.
What you will need to do:
- Fill out an application form.
- Provide a current driver's license, if the address on your sicense is not current youi will also need to show proff of address(check, utility bill, etc.).
- If you do not have a license, please provide an alternate ID and proof of address.
- Children aged 12 and under, a parent or legal guardian must be present with photo ID and proff of address.
Checkout limit for a new patron is 2 items.
Cards must be renewed every 3 years.
There is no cost for a replacement card if yours is lost or damaged.
Your library card can be used for checking out materials and for some online resources.
- Books are loaned for 2 weeks, DVDs for 3 days, Magazines for 1 week.
- Items may be renewed over the phone, renewals are generally allowed as long as the item is not on reserve for another patron.
- Books and DVDs can be returned in the book drop outside of regular hours.
- A patron may not check out materials when they have an outstanding fine.
- Items may be reserved by phone, e-mail, or at the circulation desk.
When logging into Bridges, only the last 5 numbers of the library card are needed.
Other online services that use the library card number include:
- Clarion Public Library Catalog
- World Book Online